Administrative AssistantJefferson Scholars Foundation
The Jefferson Scholars Foundation seeks an individual with exceptional administrative, interpersonal, communication, relationship management/customer service, and organizational skills to join the Programs Team.
The selected candidate will provide the administrative and clerical support for the scholarship and fellowship programs teams, serve as a customer service ambassador, and provide event/project task support for the teams and the organization. Success in the position will require the highest level of professionalism with a collaborative approach to working within and across teams. This position requires primarily in-person work with flexibility for remote work at specific times throughout the year.
High School Degree required; completion of higher education level courses preferred. Experience in administrative support, customer service, or a related field is required. Experience working in a university office is a plus. The candidate must possess advance proficiency in MS Office; outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills; the ability to multi-task and work accurately with attention to detail; and the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform administrative duties, including but not limited to drafting, typing, and distributing correspondence, contact records management in database, making copies, and preparing event and program-related materials.
- Conduct data entry as part of overall data management projects; assist with data maintenance of constituents’ contact records. • Prepare/submit documents in appropriate formats; assist with developing and updating presentations, spreadsheets, and documents in support of team activities.
- Assist with the implementation of the Program Team’s communication, activities, events, and projects.
- Serve as a member of the event support team: produce, assemble, and disseminate event material including but not limited to invitations, nametags, table tents, and signage.
- Perform day-to-day duties including but not limited to answering phone calls and responding to email inquiries.
- Provide boutique-level customer service to organization’s constituents including: undergraduate and graduate students, committee members, school counselors, candidates, nominees, university faculty, alumni, and benefactors.
- Serve as a member of the front desk/reception team including but not limited to greeting visitors and office/building vendors.
- Experience in a related area required.
- Ability to communicate effectively; strong communication skills, written and oral required.
- Able to interact effectively with internal and external personnel and constituents on all levels; effectively use interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Active listening and outstanding customer service skills a must; customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated and outcome oriented; excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and resolve crisis issues.
- Skill in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self; able to self-manage, including managing multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; deadline, detail, and solutions-oriented; functions effectively in a fast-paced and changeable environment.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient in English.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required; experience in a CMS is a plus.
The mission of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation is to benefit the University of Virginia by identifying, attracting and nurturing individuals of extraordinary intellectual range and depth who possess the highest concomitant qualities of leadership, scholarship, and citizenship.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to:
Director, Business Planning & Operations
Jefferson Scholars Foundation
112 Clarke Court Charlottesville, VA 22903
Electronic submissions are strongly preferred. The Jefferson Scholars Foundation is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.